Monday, December 01, 2008

Simple Genius - No Genius

Last week, I joined the HCPLC - with a view to practice my new found fiscal responsibility and also given the fact that my apartment is fast losing any storage space. The library system is quite cool and I have 2 locations right near my apartment and also my workplace - so my usual somberi-th-thanam in anything useful is almsot ruled out.

Now on to my view about this book by David Baldacci.

I always have a soft corner for books which try to mix fact and fiction. The best book in this category, IMO, is The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. A close second is The Count of Monte Cristo, again by A. Dumas and The Da Vinci Code.

The book has an interesting premise and grows two parallel tracks quite well. But somewhere mid-way the author loses plot and meanders into one of those cheap ஒன்றரை ரூபாய் நாவல் my dad loves to depracate.


Verdict: Avoid. Waste of 5 hours time.

No comments: