Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ashton Kutcher endra thaangamudiyadha Mokkai


I had to keep awake yesterday to make a trip to the airport and so ended up seeing this movie called "Just Married". Man, this guy cannot act. Like oldies in tambrahm families say, Suttu pottaalum nadippu varadhu pole irukke? He hams and literally makes you cringe and I think he actually managed to make me change channels - that does not happen often. I have sat through entirely nonsensical movies/performances like Talladega Nights (don't even ask how I managed it - I ended up cursing myself and hating myself for doing that to my brain).  But Ashton Kutcher upped the ante which I think is difficult for anybody to break - Will Ferrell and Keanu Reaves included. And aptly this guy has a dialog in Cheaper by The Dozen -2 when he says his face is the reason he gets roles and not because he can act. Never were any words spoken on screen been more true than absolute truth itself. And it was a good thing that a good friend of mine said no when I wanted to go to that Ashton Kutcher - Cameron Diaz movie - I would have died in the theater.

2 comments:

Vivek said...

Butterfly effect was pretty good, and the movie with Diaz (What happens in Vegas) sucked!

Maddy said...

Ashton is a very good actor. Check out Butterfly effect. Also, Ashton is hilarious in That 70s show (TV series) where he plays a dimwit (although he was a biochemical engineering student) ....